TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GIFT CARD USE
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all Gift Cards issued by The Federal Hotels Pty Ltd ABN 45 004 108 249 (Federal Group) after 4 October 2022.
These are the terms and conditions for your use of the Gift Card. Please read this document carefully before using the Gift Card. If you have any complaints, questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, please visit the website www.federalgroup.com.au or phone 1300 554 268.
Expiry: Federal Group Gift Cards expire 3 years after the date of issue.
Federal Group Bonus Gift Cards expire on the date noted on the card when the card is issued.
"Access CODE" means the 4-digit Access CODE printed on the back of the Gift Card.
"Federal Group" means The Federal Hotels Pty Ltd ABN 45 004 108 240 of 410 Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay Tasmania 7005, and its related entities.
"Gift Card" means the Gift Card that you have purchased or received.
"Federal Group Bonus Gift Card" means a bonus or incentive offered to customers in connection with a temporary marketing or promotional offer, which has a limited validity period, as noted on the card. To receive a Federal Group Bonus Gift Card you must meet the eligibility requirements of the promotion. Federal Group Bonus Gift Cards may be issued as plastic or digital cards.
A reference to "we" or "us" is a reference to Federal Group.
A reference to "you" or "your" is a reference to the person who is in possession of the Gift Card at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
- GIFT CARD REDEMPTION & EXCLUSIONS
Except for the exclusions listed in paragraph 3.2 (Exclusions) below, once loaded with value your Gift Card may be redeemed for at all participating Federal Group venues:
- Saffire Freycinet
- MACq01 – Accommodation, Old Wharf, Evolve, The Story Bar
- The Henry Jones Art Hotel – Accommodation, Peacock and Jones, Landscapes
- Wrest Point – Hotel, Shows and Concerts, Boardwalk Cafe, Boardwalk Bistro, Boardwalk Bar, Casino Bar, Longhorn Smokehouse, Birdcage Bar, The Point Revolving Restaurant, Green Room Bar
- Country Club Tasmania – Accommodation, Links Restaurants, Terrace Kitchen, Watergarden Dining, Watergarden Café and Bar, Casino Sports Bar, Tonic Bar
- Country Club Villas – Accommodation, Bolters Grill, Bolters Pizzeria, Bolters Bar and Bottle Shop
- Vantage Hotels – Claremont Hotel, Waterfront Hotel, Derwent Tavern, Brooker Inn, Hotel Tasmania, Hotel Federal, Molly Malone's, Elwick Hotel, Hotel Valern, Furner's Hotel, Mackey's Royal Hotel, Newstead Hotel
- 9/11 Bottleshops – St Ives, Gasworks, Brooker Inn, Hotel Federal, Hotel Valern, Elwick Hotel, Kingston Plaza, New Norfolk, Derwent Tavern, Claremont Hotel, Waterfront Hotel, Devonport, Launceston City, Shoreline, Sorell Plaza, Launceston Plaza, Furner's Hotel, Mackey's Royal Hotel, New Town Plaza, Newstead Hotel
Your Gift Card is not redeemable for the goods and services sold by our sub-tenants and licensees, including:
- Kwan Ho at Wrest Point;
- Frogmore Creek, Black Footed Pig and Frida’s Sip n Paint at MACq01; and
- Jam Packed at The Henry Jones Art Hotel.
This list may change from time to time.
You agree that you will not use your Gift Card to purchase goods or services that a retailer is not permitted to supply to you (for example, a retailer cannot by law sell alcohol to you if you are under 18 years of age).
- HOW TO LOAD VALUE ONTO YOUR GIFT CARD
4.1 Online Gift Card purchasesPhysical Gift Cards that are purchased online are pre-loaded and delivered activated via Australia Post Registered Post service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. eGift Cards that are purchased online will be delivered to the nominated inbox on the order once payment has been validated and approved. Please note that eGift Cards will be activated 24 hours after payment has been approved.
4.2 Corporate Gift Card purchasesGift Cards for corporate customers that are purchased directly from our online portal are pre-loaded and activated in bulk in accordance with our Federal Group Corporate Gift Cards Terms & Conditions
4.3 All Gift Cards
You may pay for your Gift Card value with any Australian tender, other than with a Gift Card. The transaction will be completed when the Gift Card is activated and loaded with value.
There may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
- USING YOUR GIFT CARD
Making a purchase with your Gift Card
Present your Gift Card at any participating venue. You can select any number of goods or services up to the value of your Gift Card, or above the value - in which case you need to make up the difference with an alternate form of payment. The venue will then validate your gift card and process your purchase. The venue is not obliged to accept the use of a gift card on a sale of under $20.
No change will be given for any Remaining Gift Card Value.
Your gift card is partially redeemable. Within the card's 3 year validity period, any Remaining Gift Card Value may be used in whole or part against future purchases at a participating venue until the Gift Card expires. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited on expiry.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Gift Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you. Transactions are authorised by you by:
- swiping or scanning your Gift Card and entering your Access CODE, or allowing an operator or other person to do so, at the point of sale; or
- giving us details of the Gift Card and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by us.
The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card.
When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Gift Card Value.
5.2 Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to Federal Group’s exchange and returns policy.
Services, including accommodation, that are booked solely, or in part with a Gift Card may only be cancelled or rescheduled in accordance with the applicable Federal Group cancellation or rescheduling policies.
5.3 No cash advances and not redeemable for cash
Gift Cards are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card, redeem your Gift Card for cash or receive any portion of the Remaining Gift Card Value in cash.
5.4 Checking your Gift Card balance, expiry date and transaction history
You will not be sent statements of transactions on a Gift Card. You can check your Gift Card balance and expiry date at any time by visiting Federal Gift Card Check Balance
For balance enquiries online, you will be required to enter both the Gift Card number (17 digit number) and Access CODE on your Gift Card prior to getting access to the Gift Card information.
5.5 Can I exchange my Gift Card?
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
5.6 Can I purchase a Gift Card using a Gift Card?
Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase another Gift Card.
5.7 Destruction of Gift Card with no value
All Gift Cards remain the property of Federal Group. If the Remaining Gift Card Value is zero your Gift Card cannot be reloaded. Our point of sale operator may destroy your expended Gift Card or you must destroy it by cutting it in half diagonally.
- EXPIRY, CANCELLATION AND RE-ISSUE OF GIFT CARDS
6.1 Expiry of Gift Cards
Your Gift Card will be valid for use for 3 years from the date of issue (or as otherwise extended by us), after such time it will be invalid and any remaining balance will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to ensure any balance is used before expiry.
6.2 Cancellation and voiding of Gift Cards
- Gift Cards cannot be cancelled once they are issued except if voided by Federal Group, if their value is used or if they expire.
- We reserve the right to void any Gift Card that appears to have been defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way and Federal Group may subject Gift Cards to a verification process.
- We reserve the right to cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card program, for any reason at any time without notice. In such instances (except those set out in paragraph b) we will elect to provide a refund or a replacement Gift Card.
- We reserve the right to correct the balance of your Gift Card if we believe that a clerical or accounting error has occurred.
6.3 Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards
Defaced, mutilated, altered or damaged cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
- LOST OR STOLEN GIFT CARDS
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card.
- YOUR GIFT CARD, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us.
- CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time where the change is required for any reason. All changes will be notified by positing an updated version of these Terms and Conditions on this website. Any changes shall be deemed to take effect on the date the updated version is posted.
- PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way Federal Group does business.
- ERRORS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 1300 554 268.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of Tasmania, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania.
Version: September 2022